Does anyone like country

I am just curious as to whether anyone likes country music? I do like some country songs (especially those that lean more towards pop).
chatta
To all,
Some of the George Strait, "The Chair", Seashores of Old Mexico--Vicky Van Shelton--"I Meant Every Word He Said",
Tracy Byrds, "Keeper of the Stars", (written by Dicky Lee of '60s "Patches", "Strange things Heppen in this World" fame, wrote it.)
Finally, "Mud on the Tires" Album, with "He Put a Bottle to His Head And Pulled the Trigger", a duet with Allison Kraus--these are all wonderful, classic Country Tunes.
You have to be prepared to blanche at first, if you're a non believer. I was one for 30 years. Then, instead of dismissing, I listened with an open mind. Get out the Hankeys, lots of tears in the beers music here. Plus the obvious classic Patsy Cline's "Crazy" written by Willie Nelson, (maybe the most often used music in movies ever, in bar scenes).
Give 'em a shot.
BTW,
I gave a seminar in Connecticut, and the group of about 40 or 50, can't remember was shy about recommending music, so I played a couple of these tunes. At the end of the seminar, the guys were lining up to get the names of both the performers AND the albums, the country one's not the others. Interesting.

BTW, right now, "Kind of Blue" with Miles Davis, is on the CD player--it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Good Listening,
Larry
Absolutely do. From Emmylou to Merle to George Jones to Willie to Waylon to Johnny---the road does go on forever.
No one has mentioned Junior Brown. Not that well known, and he does rip off into rock during his classically country songs, but he is a great guitarist and he writes some really good old country stuff. Check out his CD "Guit With It", containing such tear jerkers as "Highway Patrol" and my personal favorite, "My Wife Thinks Your Dead".
I will second the excellent Junior Brown,Iris Dement is another artist I like. Probably a few more but as I do not listen much to country artists' names and bands elude me as I type.