Elvis Presley Fans?

How many of you are Elvis fans My mom grew up during his era of fame and always played his music when I was growing up. I enjoy almost every song he ever performed.
chatta
I was disappointed by Elvis's association with Nixon. He was very envious of the Beatles, I guess his star was dwindling at that time. Although he was probably a strange guy, who wouldn't want to hang with him back when he was so impulsive, shooting out TV's. Elvis will always be the King!
" Elvis will always be the King!"

Cyclonicman - Amen to that. I'm a big fan of Presley but I don't idealize him. Many great talents were not exactly nice people in private life. John Lennon for instance had anger and violence toward women issues.
Fantastic Gospel singer and his early rockabilly stuff was good,other than that,just another overhyped pop singer/bad actor.Of course,this is just my opinion.Obviously,many folks adore him and that's okay by me.
My wife loves Elvis. We visited Graceland and Sun Studios in Memphis this past summer and I enjoyed all that immensely.

I find Elvis' story fascinating but admittedly am not a huge fan of his music as a whole to date. I've been revisiting a lot of 50's R&R and related genres since visiting MEmphis this past summer. I picked up the Elvis 50's masters 4 CD set just last week and am in process of going deeper into Elvis' music, at least during his prime, currently than I ever have before. So far, the verdict is still out for me.
Tpreaves, Elvis could have been a very good actor, but he was never given a serious opportunity. You should view "Love Me Tender" which was the only movie where he had a real chance to act. Hollywood just wanted to continually produce Clambake type movies for him because they made money. They didn't want him to act, just show up. I didn't grow up during the Elvis era, but heard his music via my older siblings. I really feel that you are seriously discounting his talent and his impact on music by saying that he was an overhyped rock star.