Bob Dylan

I just had my jaw drop through the floor!!! Had to share, Bob Dylans Tell tale signs, bootleg series Vol.8 disc two track 13 "the lonesome river" with Ralf Stanely. The whloe cd is good but this track stole the show!!! Hows it sound on vinyl?
max_pain
thanks for the suggestion, just reserved it at the library. i'm a lifelong dylan worshiper but had not heard this record. look forward to it!
"So, what would be Dylans best???"

Wow...that's tough. This guy has recorded so much, I don't see how to pick a "best"...personal favorites, maybe. For me, probably, "John Wesley Harding", "Blood on the Tracks", "Time Out of Mind", and his latest, "Together Through Life". Ask me next week and it might be a different set of albums. By the way, has anyone heard, "Bob Dylan Live 1975 (The Bootleg Series Volume 5)? This recording really captures the crowd excitement...there's electricity coming off this one.
Dylan's best? Of the 47 or so albums he's put out, I'd estimate that 40 of them are well worth owning if you like him at all.

Aside from the albums that all Dylan fans have (you know which ones those are), a few that I consider to be essential that may have slipped by you, are:

Planet Waves
New Morning
Oh Mercy
Empire Burlesque
Infidels

Happy Listening.
The last few albums are excellent. However, his best are Highway 61 and Blood On The Tracks IMO.

Perhaps Blonde On Blonde as well.
as much as i love dylan, i'm forced to admit that essentially all his great work was pre-1976 (circa blood on the tracks). he regained some artistic momentum with time out of mind in the late 90s, and his recent records are well produced, very few of the songs seem to stick, whereas his 60s tunes are indelibly etched in my synapses. if nothing else, these recent bootleg issues emphasize just how great his early stuff really was.