David Bromberg -- Any fans?

I still play Bromberg albums. Never got to see him live. He got lost in the embarrassment of riches we failed to appreciate back when we had it. There were so many great acts in the late 60s and early 70s that people like David Bromberg, who would be cherished today, had only niche followings back then.
macrojack
I JUST SAW DAVID BROMBERG LAST WEEKEND, AT THE BETHEL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER(ON THE ORIGINAL SITE OF WOODSTOCK).
NEEDLESS TO SAY, HE AND HIS BAND WERE PHENOMINAL.
HE'S TOURING AGAIN, ALTHOUGH SOMEWHAT LIMITED, SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND CATCH A SHOW. THE MAN IS BRILLIANT...
Bromberg is killer, but not for everyone.

I saw him a couple times back in the 70s with his full band. They were the best musicians I have seen in one band in the rock/country genres. Every one of them played multiple instruments and they were hot. Bromberg's wit is sharp as a razor. He can be hilarious.

His albums from the 70s are hit and miss. He has put out some more traditional, low key albums recently (I haven't heard them) and his shows are supposed to be excellent. I wish he'd come out my way.
Check out "How Late are ya Gonna Play Til?", a double lp live set, from '76, in print stll. Think I got it from Better Records. Lots of fun.

Dan
michael dinner, jimmy spheeris, murray mclaughlin and the silver tractors, pre mca jerry jeff walker, john hartford, early paul williams, bruce cockburn, joe ely, butch hancock, guy clark(the rca stuff), and of course bromberg.