Jewel - the singer, not the case...

A couple of Fridays ago I feel asleep watching some show on PBS and when I woke up there was a show about to start, Jewel about to sing. The remote was on the other side of the room and I was too lazy to get up and get it so I just watched her sing and play.

All I can say is WOW. I loved her. She is beautiful, her voice is sweet and she played some great guitar, too. I really loved that show. I've been getting every of hers ever since.

Just thought I would share a new discovery for me.
matchstikman
Hey, I just posted that I enjoyed her concert and her music after never before having paid attention to her. Then you came in and immediately posted your backhanded comment. Lots of women sell sex these days as part of their presentation and none of their music finds its way into my music collection. There's plenty of women singers much better looking that Jewel, for sure.

And what do YOU care what anybody says?

And, for the record, I'm surprised such a tough guy like you even quoted songs in high school.
Came across the thread, never heard of 'Jewel' before. Whilst browsing the missuses cd collection I came across the cd by Jewel 'pieces of you', thought whatoh I'll give it a play. Its actually quite good, lovely voice, nice songs, and well produced.
Chadlinz, what's wrong with Rosie's appearance? She is a living proof that good thing does not come in a small package and size does matter. My vote goes to Joan Baez. Jewel is a runner up for singing talent and Rosie needs to meet Richard "See-mon" for physical therapy.
I'm tellin' ya Jewel is top tier, not some "runner up." You have to see her unplugged stuff live, songs that don't make it to the CD's. Best CD is Spirit, followed closely by This Way and Goodbye Alice. If one prefers a rock sound over folk, that order reverses. Skip 0304. Never cared too much for Pieces despite a couple of good songs. I think it was the production.

But nothing comes close to her girl-and-guitar live performances. You can't tell her capabilities off of her CD's. Spirit comes closest, but her voice has matured a great deal since 1998. Try and find clips of her two Nashville Star performances from 2007.

Despite a tendency to lyrical navel-gazing, Jewel is a great vocalist.