DSOTM - PF

I have received my 30th Aniversary Dark Side Of the Moon LP on the EMI Harvest 180 gram label. I am in heaven!

This is probably - IMO - the most essential record that one just have to own! Bliss...

Share your dark side with us...

Regards,
Dewald Visser
dewald_visser
Have you heard the multi-channel DVD-Audio version that was going around the Internet a few months back? If not, you ought to - it sounds fabulous! Email me for details...

-RW-
I have the 30th Anniversary as well. It has its positive qualities: it is dead quiet, flat, nice thick vinyl and EMI deserves top marks for the quality control on it. I ended up picking up a pretty clean used copy for my son (1973 Canadian pressing with Mastered by Capitol stamped into the deadwax followed by "Wally" in handwriting FWIW) for about $5 that to my ears just sounds better: more open, dynamic and communicative than the 30th which, although quieter, sounds a bit "muffled" by comparison.

Opinions on the 30th Anniversary edition are all over the place. Good music though. I was never into Pink Floyd when I was younger but really like some of their stuff now.
Zenieth - Yes it is really that good... (see below)

Rlwainwright - I did have a listen to the DVD-A disc a while ago - it totally irritated me up to the point that I stopped the disc. (System was: B&W 802D, Classe Drive, DAC, Poweramps)

Hdm - I just love the 30th Annvr edition - it is top quality and I totally agree. LP is super quiet, deep; dark silence with excellent dynamics. The sound is presented with such luxurious detail it is frightning. Well done EMI!

I did own the CD edition way back but gave it away - didn't like it at all... but now I love it to bits... I actually don't listen to CD that often anymore. It is all analogue!

DV