Waltz for Debby-Bill Evans Trio

Seems like lately I am slidding this CD in late at night more and more. It has become one of my favorites. You can close your eyes and almost smell the smoke of a jazz club from the 50s and 60s. The waiters clanking glasses in the background is a nice touch to the mood. The music is great. I know this is a revered classic but I was wondering if there were any other recordings of similar ilk, smooth laid back jazz, that anyone might recommend. Are you out there sdcampbell?
Ag insider logo xs@2xhoopster
IMO nothing beats Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" for "smooth late night jazz offerings."
Here's a few more for ya:

Ornette Coleman-The Shape of Jazz to Come

Miles Davis-Kind of Blue

Eric Dolphy-Out There

Chick Corea-Now He Sings, Now He Sobs

Herbie Hancok-Maiden Voyage
Hoopster,

Also check out "California Here I Come". It was the first Bill Evans cd I purchased. Great music and recording. It's on the Verve label. It was recorded live at the Village Vanguard back in '67.

I just got "WaltzFor Debby", wonderful. Like you I get a kick out of all the background noise. It's almost like people didn't realise they were taping the show.
the great jazz trio (hank jones, tony williams,,,,,) live at the village vanguard....all the bill evans trio stuff