Power Cables diminishing returns

I'm thinking of upgrading my PCs, but am wondering what the sweat spot is as far as price. The price point after which, you see diminishing returns. for example a $1000 is certainly not twice as good as a $500 cable.
linaeum66
Aftermarket cord can only introduce extra colors to audio with excessive reactance parameters brought into the power supply(that's why some of us can hear differences). Most of manufacturers advise not to spend money and use the stock one for this particular reason, but they don't realize that audiophiles don't like accuracy and like to shape sound with wires(extremely inefficient by performance and economically according to the today's market prices). For this purpose for shaping the sound the best device is EQ or some basic tone control board on your preamp.
Next stop, AES and ASA agree to double blind testing of cheap power cords vs expensive power cords. NASA is still working out some of the kinks in the Shuttle tiles and doesn't have the time.
I once asked a major manufacturer why they recommended the stock cord and was told too many customers used old or inadequate cords, causing damage, then wanting warranty service. They said the supplied cord was nothing special, but was safe to use.
I then switched to a modest cost after market cord and the amp sounded much better, in double blind listening tests...
Roxy54, guilty as charged, I was harsh on Mapman who is a nice guy. I still think OHM is a ripof but then I've had trouble with them a time or two.

In any event I should have kept my big mouth shut on that.