VPI 3D tonearm

Anyone using it yet?
128x128stringreen
Tobes,

Sure. So then how about going with an "improvement" rather than such sweeping statements as "very much better"? It is also plausible that Harry is jumping on the Discovery bandwagon to align his product with the top products in the same category. I don't have a problem with manufacturers seeking to improve their products, but I do have a problem with making dramatic statements such as this. Having been at this for some years now, it irks me to see anyone making such sweeping claims. Something "the best" is now much worse. In high-end where improvements are rather quite incremental at certain levels, it does not inspire confidence and smells of a marketing ploy.

Another point is that considering how much wire the signal has to go through in any given system, a claim that the Discovery wire in the tonearm only will make a sudden leaping improvement in any system is rather absurd, at least to me.
Actusreus....it seems so very much irks you. Have you heard the Discovery wire? Once upon a time Harry Pearson said that Nordost Valhalla resides in his state of the art system....no longer. The world moves on.
VPI uses Discovery wire in all their other arms. Valhalla is considered an "upgrade". Just because Valhalla wire is expensive doesn't automatically make it better.
So it seems that the consensus is that the 3D arm is junk without anyone here having auditioned the new VPI product.
No.....we're saying that 3D printing of a tonearm.....using the resin that is required for a 3D printer (regardless of its suitability or acoustic properties).....is a cynical exercise in marketing hype.
Discovery tone arm wire can make a quite significant improvement in my experience. Get some wire, solder on some clips and good RCA connectors, tape it to the tone arm and give it a preliminary listen. Even configured like this it sounds noticeably better than the stock wire on most tone arms that I have tried it on.