When a Reviewer "likes" something

... what does that mean in your opinion. I read in one of the last Stereophile mags a comment from Mr. Atkinson where he wrote about the differences in "opinions" in forums or in printed mags. After all he ended with the argument, a component is good when a reviewer likes it.
Isn't is more helpful, when a reviewer knows something about a real tone reproduction? Or is it ok, when he used every month another CD or LP he got for free, a kind of music nearly no one wants to listen to?
Harry Pearson used in the 90's always the same records for his reviews but that was an exception I think.
What is it worth for you when - for example - Mr. Dudley/Fremer/Valin/HP .... "likes" something? Do you have the same "taste" they have?
I know it is possible to like a Turntable even when that unit can't hold the proper speed, or is extremely sensitive to any influences, there are endless recommendations written about such units...what is it worth for you?
Atkinson for example measures units, some have top datas but they can sound very boring, far away from the real thing, some have no top datas, some "tests" are shortened because a unit can reach a area which can be pretty dangerous (see one of the latest Agostino units, just as an example) but they are rated Class A in recommendations anyway....
When someone "knows" what is right or not, then his "liking" is only a personal opinion which is more or less uninteresting or?
Most customers (not all of course) would prefer to know what a unit is really able to do sonically, or not? Would knowledge destroy the joy of Hardware rolling? Or is there a reason why reviewers use low efficiency speakers when they have a tube amp for review (for example Lamm ML2.1/ML2.2 with Magico Speakers)? Is the matching "expensive + expensive" the proper way to show competence?
128x128syntax
Unfortunatelly the real speaker frequency range impedance is not a flat line and unfortunatelly too we can't do nothing against the Ohm's Law but more unfortunate is that reviewers knew and know it and never mentioned. Only through the J.Atkinson speaker measurements we can attest about.

SS technology is not perfect too but IMHO makes less harm to the recorded audio signal.

This is how the AHEE works.

R.
Lewm, wrong: I don't sale nothing. Maybe in the future. Btw, my phonolinepreamo design begun as a necessity to fulfil cartridge needs that certainly tube technology can't do it and that's all.
If in the audio market I can't find what fulfil the audio system needs then I try for whatever " road " to get it even if I have to go on the self design item. That's where appeared not only my phonolinepreamp but a tonearm, a TT mat, a headshell and maybe in the near future a cartridge too.

I don't see how is that you don't took in count my self audio trend when you already knew my way of audio item " behavior ": if does not exist then I try to create it. Maybe is because you are unaware of that my audio " attitude ".

I never been satisfied with that: " I like it ".

R.
"foisted upon us" Lewm, excellent synonym usage. Certainly one to remember, thanks.
Raul, So long as you endow yourself with supernatural perception, you will always be right. But please don't comfort yourself with the notion that the mainstream audio press is the evil empire primarily responsible for the continuing high regard of others for tube equipment.
OK...I just read this entire thread and have concluded the following: "IMHO" is an utterly overused and unnecessary acronym, so please stop using it. The "ah-ha!" factor in recognizing bias among reviwers means you read this stuff too carefully, and I (because I must be wonderful) can appreciate writers who write well even if I don't agreee with them. It is amazing how many self-important audio geeks "toss the babies out with the bathwater" by stomping their feet and declaring NO MORE (fill in magazine name here)...sort of like not liking to watch television because there is "too much crap on it" which only says you're maybe too lazy to sort through it to find the good stuff, or perhaps so hogtied by your opinions you can't move. That's just sad. An example of this is stating that you KNOW tube gear is BAD BAD BAD, ignoring the fact that lots of experienced listeners think (although it's often based on older design ideas) it SOUNDS great, thus obviating its badness and making it your personal issue, IMHO.