What speakers should I consider around $5000?

I'm ready to move on from my current system: Bryston 4BST, Proceed Pre, Revel Performa F30's and Ayre QB-9 DSD DAC. I'm planning to keep the DAC, and swap the Bryston and Proceed out for a decent integrated SS amp (just don't want to "do" tubes, even though I think they can sound great). I like the relatively deep bass of the Revels, but they can sound very bloated without VERY expensive cabling.

I recently heard the following speakers and enjoyed them, but wanted to get some feedback on these and suggestions for others in about the $5k retail price range. I'm open to a used speaker too. Here's the list: Martin Logan Theos, Von Gaylord VG-8, Salk Veracity HT2-TL, Wilson Audio Duette (yes, I know this is dramatically more expensive, but I liked the sound). Also, wondered about the new Revel F308s.

And another issue to consider is WAF....she's HATED the look of the Revels since I first got them 13 years ago. Something a bit less monolithic would be great.

As a separate but related question, I've previewed a Karan Acoustic KA i180 MkII and thought it was great, but if I go down that route, it'll limit my speaker budget to some degree.

I'm getting confused by all the options, so I thought I'd ask for some advice to get me some clarity.

Thanks.

Matt
mwsl
Matt -

a few thoughts;
if you are going to keep or step up in the Revel speaker line, keep your Bryston power amp and get a Bryston pre-amp.

If you are going to step up to the Wilson speaker line, then, plan on buying Transparent cables/cords for the electronics (the best sonic match).
In that price range, and for speakers you are likely to be able to actually listen to, I would go for the Martin Logan.

However if you are thinking of speakers like the Wilson Duette in that price range look at the Rockport Mira. Many people like myself are not that enamored with the Wilson - it does tend to polarize but I have yet to come across anyone that doesn't like the Rockport. Of course now that I have posted it tons will probably come out of the woodwork. Well worth your time however to give them a listen.

Thanks
Bill
So, after much research and all of your feedback, here's the four speakers I'm going to listen to. These are in my price range (the Wilson's really were WAY out of my price range). These are listed in no particular order:

1) Gallo Ref 3.5
2) Revel Performa f208
3) Usher Mini Dancer 2
4) Von Gaylord VG-8

I've got an IN HOME listening session set up for the Von Gaylord speakers, along with their integrated tube amp (!). The Revel's are sold by a local dealer whom I have a good relationship with. The Usher and Gallo I'll have to track down, but I know are available relatively close.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Quite enlightening.

Matt
I also agree the Dyns are a fantastic monitor, but they are expensive, as an alternative you should add to your list Selah Audio, like Vapor, Selah's speakers often hit way beyond there price point, and there is much more flexibility in driver configuration to tailor to your needs.