Attention Thiel CS3.7 owners

I am searching for the right amp for these speakers and was hoping to hear from as many 3.7 owners as possible regarding what amp you are using, why you like it and which ones you have not liked. Thanks in advance for your help with my quest..

V.
vhiner
I own 2.4s with an (underpowered) Pass Labs XA30.5 and feel like that series mates very well with the Thiel sound. I heard a pair of 3.7s at RMAF that were powered with Hegel, and that room convinced me that I will eventually upgrade to the 3.7s, and that I will try out a Hegel amp if I get the chance. They really sounded great together. A lot of similar qualities to the Pass amps, but cooler running, and (I think) a bit cheaper watt for watt.
Cal3713,

Someone at Thiel told me awhile back that they were very, very pleased with how the Hegel drove the 3.7's. Do you remember which model it was? Their flagship is out of my price range.
Vance, if the Hegel H30 at $15K is too steep I'd strongly suggest checking out their H20 which lists for $5,750. It is an excellent amp that has received universal praise in reviews worldwide. I can't answer your question as to which amp Thiel recommended, but several speaker manufacturers have chosen to demo with the H20 at various shows.
Bill,

Always good to hear from you! The HD20 does 375W into 4 ohms, which, based upon past auditions, is the very lowest power I'll consider for the 3.7's. I will look around for an in-home audition opportunity. The buzz I'm hearing about Hegel is promising. I hope it would mate well with a tube preamp.
I've had a chance to hear the 3.7s with alot of gear. IMO, hearing them with the Hegel H30 at RMAF a couple years ago, was the best I ever heard them sound.