Anthem AV receiver better than Denon as a preamp

I asked this question in a previous thread and it turned into a bit of a gongshow, so I am going to try it again, but ask a very specific question this time.

Once again, I NEED to utilize an AV receiver in my setup. I have a 3 channel Bryston 5Bst amp utilized through the preamp outs on my Denon 2808ci to power my front L front R and center. The AVR powers the rears and a second zone (my patio).
I am not in love with how my Denon performs as a pre for music ( but a separate 2 channel pre is not an option for many reasons..respectfully, please don't suggest). I am currently looking at the Anthem MRX line of AV receivers.
Does anyone have any experience using these ? Would this provide me a significant enough improvement over my Denon when using as a preamp (and powering my rears and 2nd zone)?
dallyd31
Depending upon how much the Anthem would cost you, you could go with something like Emotiva separates for maybe even less money. Look at UMC-200 prepro and some XPA-100 monoblocs...

-RW-
Thank you but as I stated in the rigianl post, I am looking specifically at AV receivers. This went off the rails in the previous thread and I tried to make it quite clear what I was looking for and asking about.

Not really interested in Emotiva...the Anthem has what I need as specified in the post (power to run rear channels AND a second zone).
And I certainly don't need another amp. I have the Bryston which is generally considered a world class amp.
I for one am not a fan of Denon receivers at least for stereo listening. Can't imagine the preamp section alone is anything special either. I'd be very surprised if the Anthem wasn't a meaningful step up. Any way for you to demo one at home?