What is a very nice sounding tube preamp?

I'm looking for a nice tube preamp. I don't want to spend a fortune. Does anyone know of a spatial tube preamp that is not #3,000? I'd like some help. I know there's someone that knows of a special tube preamp, that very nice. Would some one make discisions? OPPO 95, Emotiva XPA-1's Mono's. Thanks! Breeze1
rcrane6043
I have not heard them, but have read good things about Rogue and Doge tube preamps.
There is a VAC Standard preamp with some upgrades for sale now in the classifieds for about half of the amount you mention in your post that would seem to me to meet your criteria. While I have not heard this particular model (I have heard their more expensive offerings), I have found VAC to be among the handful of manufacturers who make unfailingly musical products. I can also vouch for Rogue, another manufacturer of quality tube equipment.
Joule Electra LA 100 Mk III is a good one, and you should be able to find one at a fair price. Read the reviews from when it came out. I have one, and like it very much.