CJ Premier 12's or LP 140's with Dynaudio C-1ii

System currently: CJ CT-5 preamp, McCormack DAC1 & SST1, Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii. Prefer laid-back warm tube sound with less brightness in treble.
cjinsc
Both the CJ-12 and LP 140 are great amps, but I wouldn't mate either to any Dynaudio speaker. Been there, done that. I had a Premier 11a and tried to get used to the sound when I mated it to a pair of Contour 3.3s. IMO, Dynaudio speakers are just not tube friendly speakers. I had much better success when I moved the Dynaudios to the living room SS system and substituted the JM Reynaud Offrandes with the CJ amp.

Depending on how large your room is and how loudly you play you will undoubtedly hear some good sound; especially in the midrange. But you are going to be lose some music resolution on the (mostly) low end and a little on the top as well.

I really do think that Dunaudio makes a great speaker, but the other issue you may have with the Premier 12s is that the amp is too noisy for the ultra-high resolution that these speakers provide.

But maybe it will work better for you than it did for me. Try before you buy if possible.
Thanks for opinions fellas.

What do you think of CJ ET250s amp with C-1ii's?

I know am all over the place & certainly seem to have moved off of my original thread.
Not familiar with you speakers but the ET250's will pair nicely with the CT5 and based on specs they should run the Dyn's nicely. They will however continue to move you further from what you were seeking in your OP, IMO. I think Zd gives you some excellent advise. Throwing $5k at individual components hoping that they will "correct" a problem is a very expensive way learn the ropes, unless of course you have the time and money.

With all that said, what I can tell you from experience is that my 12's worked very nicely with Totem Model 1's which I understand are similar to your Dyn's. I currently use my 12's with great success with the latest Merlin Masters, a very high resolution speaker. Just the right blend of warmth from the amps and detail from the speakers. Yes the 12's may be a little dated, but if the "older" CJ sound is what you are after, which appears to be the case, the 12's are what I would be looking for.