CJ Premier 12's or LP 140's with Dynaudio C-1ii

System currently: CJ CT-5 preamp, McCormack DAC1 & SST1, Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii. Prefer laid-back warm tube sound with less brightness in treble.
cjinsc

Showing 1 response by br3098

Both the CJ-12 and LP 140 are great amps, but I wouldn't mate either to any Dynaudio speaker. Been there, done that. I had a Premier 11a and tried to get used to the sound when I mated it to a pair of Contour 3.3s. IMO, Dynaudio speakers are just not tube friendly speakers. I had much better success when I moved the Dynaudios to the living room SS system and substituted the JM Reynaud Offrandes with the CJ amp.

Depending on how large your room is and how loudly you play you will undoubtedly hear some good sound; especially in the midrange. But you are going to be lose some music resolution on the (mostly) low end and a little on the top as well.

I really do think that Dunaudio makes a great speaker, but the other issue you may have with the Premier 12s is that the amp is too noisy for the ultra-high resolution that these speakers provide.

But maybe it will work better for you than it did for me. Try before you buy if possible.