Preamps with balanced ins/outs and remote

I know there are some really good preamps without remotes like the Coincident line stage. I also know there are really good preamps with just single ended in and outs like the Herron and the Dude. However, are there really good preamps with balanced ins and outs with a remote? I have Merrill Audio Veritas amps that require balanced ins and a balanced system overall. I need a remote because I make a lot of my CD,s and the volumes of the various songs do not always match. Thanks in advance.
seadogs1
I also wanted to add to the discussion of output impedance. It is true that the lower the output impedance, the better a preamp will drive most solid state or low input impedance amplifiers. Our Purity Audio Design preamps have been paired with Audio Power Labs amplifiers at shows with an input of 600 ohms and MBL amps with 5k ohms.

Another thing to consider is the gain of the preamp. To high (or even to low) of an output gain and you will not be able to realize the full potential of your system.

In regard to the different sound of cables I think much of this has to do with their construction and material. All cable companies will make claims but in the end, it is your system and ears that will tell you what is best.
Two thoughts: A McIntosh C2300 preamp. Also, if you ever go to a music server, you can use SmartGain (included with ripping software like dBPoweramp) to level the relative volume of various digital files.
In regard to the different sound of cables I think much of this has to do with their construction and material.

With regard to balanced operation, the statement is mostly false. However it is widely believed by many in high end audio. "Mostly" as in: as long as the cable has an adequate shield with a twisted pair within for the signal, then other construction details and materials will be rendered moot.

However as I mentioned before if the standards of the balanced line system are *not* observed then the above-quoted statement is true.
I've got a VAC preamp that is transformer coupled on the output, and one can switch inputs b/t single ended and balanced (I assume also using transformers). I am told that this is a fully balanced preamp. Does that really qualify? It is fully balanced on the ins and the outs, but I think it must be converted to SE while within the preamp (I'm guessing that). The output impedence is very very low, which is good.

How does splitting the signal (or combining a balanced signal) with an Xformer affect the sound relative to having the preamp use 2 seperate paths all the way through?

Again - I don't KNOW that this is teh way the VAC works, but I think it is..............
Thanks for all the input. Question! How can you determine if a preamp is truly balanced rather than just balanced connectors?