Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks for the info on the Malbecs. I started this thread back in 2002. I can't believe how big it became. Mick makes some amazing amps and preamps. Where do you live? Your system looks great and I am sure it sounds fantastic.
Ironsienna,
Nice picture of your laptop, but I can't see much of anything else with the lights off.
Have anybody ever compared Mendouse and Burgundy, I had Chenin for 5 years (great preamp) and have recently ordered from Mick new improved Cortese mkII.
Thinking about Supratek power amp, but information is scarce.
Right now I have Clayton M100 monoblocks.
Should this thread title be updated? After all these preamps came out last century!
Actually I have bought mine first Chenin in 2005. And in just matter of days I expect Mick sending me Cortese.