Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Have anybody ever compared Mendouse and Burgundy, I had Chenin for 5 years (great preamp) and have recently ordered from Mick new improved Cortese mkII.
Thinking about Supratek power amp, but information is scarce.
Right now I have Clayton M100 monoblocks.
Should this thread title be updated? After all these preamps came out last century!
Actually I have bought mine first Chenin in 2005. And in just matter of days I expect Mick sending me Cortese.
Well it has been awhile since I've posted to this thread so it is probably time to chime in. I still have the same basic system that I had when I purchased the Supratek Syrah in 2003. To be honest, I never had the "urge" or inclination to upgrade in the line simply because I calculated the level of improvement would't add enough for me to pay the difference. I find the Syrah to this day a delight that has continued to provide enjoyment and keep step with my system. I've found other areas in greater need and focused on those, of the significant improvements with lesser outlay. Being an audiophile, in addition to improving my enjoyment of my system I also focus on cost effective improvements. I have used many of the regulator and output tubes with delight at how I can tailor the sound in the system with changes. Of course over time preferences sometimes change. In any event, it is a relatively inexpensive way to realize "changes" without the stress changing out components can bring. I may not speak for everyone with that last comment but I'm sure I speak for many of us. I've gone through periods of boredom with the system but have always found inexpensive (relatively, after all most of us are card carrying audiophiles afterall)changes that eventually renewed my enthusiasm without giving into the temptation to "throw the bums out". After all I wouldn't have lived with this system as long as I have unless there is something intrinsically right if not ever perfect.

The Supratek Syrah a full function preamp at 2.5K new with a superb phono stage realizing use of a low level MC cartridge has been a "Deal of the Decade" if not the Century, at least for me so Slowhand, (Tom) you nailed it for many of us, good call!

Sorlowski, enjoy your new Cortese and keep up posted. I always enjoy reading other's experiences with these great pre-amps from Mick.
Nice post Tubegroover, and good to see that Supratek is still making preamplifiers Sorlowski - they are very special.

Still using my Supratek Grange preamp after many years of faithful service and have no inclination to look elsewhere.

Regards,

Steve M.
My audio blog: http://stevem1960.blogspot.com/