Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Ironsienna,

How long have you had the Malbecs and how long did it take to get them from the time you placed the order? Just curious.
Slowhand,

I ve got them a year ago. I needed to wait a couple of years for them to be finished as I ordered them the period that Supratek wasn't on business. I believe today that Supratek is back on business it will not take more than a few months for them to get ready. I still feel that I could wait another couple of years every time I sit and listen them. They are masterpieces Also the option to remove completely the negative feedback, or to choose variable amounts of negative feedback with positive feedback makes them sound like SET (phenomenal mids and sound that floats in front of the speakers) and at the same time have the control of a SS amp on the lows. I honestly haven't heard anything that sounds better than these. Here is a photo of my setup:

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3070/workinggw.png
Thanks for the info on the Malbecs. I started this thread back in 2002. I can't believe how big it became. Mick makes some amazing amps and preamps. Where do you live? Your system looks great and I am sure it sounds fantastic.
Ironsienna,
Nice picture of your laptop, but I can't see much of anything else with the lights off.
Have anybody ever compared Mendouse and Burgundy, I had Chenin for 5 years (great preamp) and have recently ordered from Mick new improved Cortese mkII.
Thinking about Supratek power amp, but information is scarce.
Right now I have Clayton M100 monoblocks.