Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
As a very rare Chinese user of Supratek(I'm a proud owner of Syrah ), I'm very sorry to know Mick will wind up Supratek. Particularly, one of reason that force Mick to give up is the competition from China as well as EX rate. As a fiancial journalist, I seem to experienced a live story of EX rate. I will love my Syrah more. Best wish to Mick and hope you make another wonderful real SYRAH in your new veinyard.
This is like the end of a good movie, but all good things never seem to last long. I hope that Mick is happy with his new profession. Mick,thanks for your help and good luck.

Tim
Thanks for the good times Mick! Best of luck to you. If you are half as good with grapes as you are with preamps, the wine wiil be world class.
Mick, You will be sorely missed in High End Audio! God Bless and Good luck. Thank you for all your fine work that has brought me countless hours of listening pleasure. Bob
I am sorry to hear about Supratek's demise. I have lurked on this thread for awhile, but have not checked in for a month or so. What a surprise.

I own a Cortese, which I bought new from Mick a year and a half ago. The Cortese is very special to me. Spinning records has been more enjoyable than ever before.

Good luck Mick in your endeavors.

Tom