Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Paul. Congrats on your new Supratek. Regarding the 6922-ecc88 family of dual triodes, the nos Euro tubes are generally the better sounding tube choices for most any high resolution high gain phono stage. The Amperex 7308, the Telefunken, Siemens and Valvo e88cc's are the usual choices.... not to mention the fabulous cca's from both siemens and telefunken. The 6688 is a very high quality low noise pentode that was traditionally used in wide band rf amplifiers. Any 6688 or E180f that comes in the Supratek preamps will most certainly be a nos tube anyway, as that tube has been long out of production. You can be certain Mick has screened, tested and culled them for all his customers..... I rather doubt you could improve on them anyway. Enjoy the ride!
Hi,
Just recieved my Sauvingon a few days ago and wanted to say a few words.
It replaced my Pass Labs Aleph P which served me very well for many years. The Sauv. is just as quite maybe more so which says alot, because the Aleph P was tomb quite!
I ordered the Pre-amp in chrome & jarrah wood and I made Mick put V-caps in the output position (thanks Fiddler). The Sauv. uses 2.0 caps which are very expensive, but hopefully I won't be changing Pre-amps in a long time. The look is very beautiful with some minor imperfections(nothing to write home about) and the sound is dynamic,effortless,liquid and extended. Once I get some more hours on it and get my main CDP back from service I'll respond back. Thanks everybody for the heads up,will be trying some NOS tubes that were recommended.

Joe
I've got a pair of V-cap 2uf TFTF teflons for sale here if anyone is interested:

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?accstwek&1190168049&item
Hi all,

I have a Cabernet Dual which was hopefully shipped today to Sydney.

I plan to use the 101D pre-amp section going into a pair of 13E1 SET mono amplifiers (30 watts) and the 6H30 pre-amp section going to a seperate subwoofer. The 13E1 will hopefully power the 2 way loudspeaker full range.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Btw, this is my second Supratek, my first was a Sauvignon, which I sold to a friend.

Cheers