ARONOV LS-9100 ..How realible is this tube amp ?

********NEED SOME ADVISE FOR THIS AMP******
1.Should I trade my Threshold 4000 amp to Aronov Sl-9100
at even trade?
2.My main question now is how realiable this amp ? I heard there are no more support fr. the original maker.
I will mate this amp with my Lector Zoe pre-amp and
Von Schweikert Vr-2 speaker.
Please I need your input for this trade. I am happy at
this time w my s/s Threshold but always like a tube mono amp w/ at least 100 watts per.

Please need your input and advise.I thank you all.
pescolar
pescolar
Sturgus

Since you heard them driving the VR-4 then my VR-2 can be a good match too.

Should I trade my vintage s/s Threshold 4000.

Btw, are the SL-9100 is a class A amp?

Thanks,pescolar
Btw, what is the input impedance of the Sl-9100.

My Lector Zoe pre-amp's output impedance is 250ohm...hopefully it will match.Thanks.pescolar
I've had the Aronov LS-9601 integrated for about 5 years now and been very happy. Never had a single issue; the thing is a workhorse, puts out plenty of power with tube warmth, a full bottom and lots of detail. I threw some Golden Lion KT88's and 12AX7's in there to replace the Aronov stock tubes (which were fine as is) and it upped the sound a bit. I'm running them with a Benchmark DAC, Oppo BDP 93 and B+W Matrix 3 Series 2 speakers. I'm upgrading the speakers with Vandersteen 3A's this week, and looking forward to hearing them in the system. I haven't heard the Threshold 4000 so have no input for you there.
I concur that the Aronov LS-960I integrated is quite a superior (but generally unrecognized) tube star.
An outstanding bargain at its used price.
To my ears there has been a natural sound quality from top to bottom, always with an ear pleasing control and extension in the bass on a number of different speakers, even so-called bookshelf monitors.
Thomsonkneeland /Listener57.
Both of you owned Aronov LS-9601...and Sturgus have LS-9100...There are more audiophile choose the integrated one .why? How much is LS-9100 the lo/high used market priced at this time...any idea?

Anyway If I decide to take LS-9100 in this trade I will replace the stock tubes and get the Golden Lion Kt-88 ( re-issue)...I like Kt-88 better than 6550 tubes..

Guy's thanks for the info you shared with me.This will help a lot.