ARONOV LS-9100 ..How realible is this tube amp ?

********NEED SOME ADVISE FOR THIS AMP******
1.Should I trade my Threshold 4000 amp to Aronov Sl-9100
at even trade?
2.My main question now is how realiable this amp ? I heard there are no more support fr. the original maker.
I will mate this amp with my Lector Zoe pre-amp and
Von Schweikert Vr-2 speaker.
Please I need your input for this trade. I am happy at
this time w my s/s Threshold but always like a tube mono amp w/ at least 100 watts per.

Please need your input and advise.I thank you all.
pescolar
pescolar
Mine have been going strong since 97. I still play them most everyday. I did have one problem and that was a bad resistor in both of them. They were replaced maybe 10 years ago and no problems since. As far as service goes any good tech should be able to work on them. They are based on the Dynaco MK3. The reason I bought these were I heard them driving VR4's. That was a very good sounding setup. I think Aronov is up and running again.
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/news/aronov_la200.htm
If you have any questions I may be able to help.
Sturgus

Since you heard them driving the VR-4 then my VR-2 can be a good match too.

Should I trade my vintage s/s Threshold 4000.

Btw, are the SL-9100 is a class A amp?

Thanks,pescolar
Btw, what is the input impedance of the Sl-9100.

My Lector Zoe pre-amp's output impedance is 250ohm...hopefully it will match.Thanks.pescolar
I've had the Aronov LS-9601 integrated for about 5 years now and been very happy. Never had a single issue; the thing is a workhorse, puts out plenty of power with tube warmth, a full bottom and lots of detail. I threw some Golden Lion KT88's and 12AX7's in there to replace the Aronov stock tubes (which were fine as is) and it upped the sound a bit. I'm running them with a Benchmark DAC, Oppo BDP 93 and B+W Matrix 3 Series 2 speakers. I'm upgrading the speakers with Vandersteen 3A's this week, and looking forward to hearing them in the system. I haven't heard the Threshold 4000 so have no input for you there.