ARONOV LS-9100 ..How realible is this tube amp ?

********NEED SOME ADVISE FOR THIS AMP******
1.Should I trade my Threshold 4000 amp to Aronov Sl-9100
at even trade?
2.My main question now is how realiable this amp ? I heard there are no more support fr. the original maker.
I will mate this amp with my Lector Zoe pre-amp and
Von Schweikert Vr-2 speaker.
Please I need your input for this trade. I am happy at
this time w my s/s Threshold but always like a tube mono amp w/ at least 100 watts per.

Please need your input and advise.I thank you all.
pescolar
pescolar
Btw, what is the input impedance of the Sl-9100.

My Lector Zoe pre-amp's output impedance is 250ohm...hopefully it will match.Thanks.pescolar
I've had the Aronov LS-9601 integrated for about 5 years now and been very happy. Never had a single issue; the thing is a workhorse, puts out plenty of power with tube warmth, a full bottom and lots of detail. I threw some Golden Lion KT88's and 12AX7's in there to replace the Aronov stock tubes (which were fine as is) and it upped the sound a bit. I'm running them with a Benchmark DAC, Oppo BDP 93 and B+W Matrix 3 Series 2 speakers. I'm upgrading the speakers with Vandersteen 3A's this week, and looking forward to hearing them in the system. I haven't heard the Threshold 4000 so have no input for you there.
I concur that the Aronov LS-960I integrated is quite a superior (but generally unrecognized) tube star.
An outstanding bargain at its used price.
To my ears there has been a natural sound quality from top to bottom, always with an ear pleasing control and extension in the bass on a number of different speakers, even so-called bookshelf monitors.
Thomsonkneeland /Listener57.
Both of you owned Aronov LS-9601...and Sturgus have LS-9100...There are more audiophile choose the integrated one .why? How much is LS-9100 the lo/high used market priced at this time...any idea?

Anyway If I decide to take LS-9100 in this trade I will replace the stock tubes and get the Golden Lion Kt-88 ( re-issue)...I like Kt-88 better than 6550 tubes..

Guy's thanks for the info you shared with me.This will help a lot.
Pescolar, The input impedance is 470k. As far as whether you should trade that is up to you. Can you audition them in your system? I would think they would go for $1800 on the low to $3000 on the high. When rolling tubes I find I like the Winged C, and my favorite is the EI KT90's type2. I have my amps moded to run in triode and thy sound great with the KT90's. Pay close attention to the driver tube. It makes as much difference as the output tubes. I like the RCA's and the IEC Mullards.