Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
shindo, nothing can touch it for the price, untill you hear this line of pre amps, dont even look at anything else. c-js cant even come close to it
Just fired up my Syrah with a pair of Audiopax 88s.
To anyone who reckons valve amps are noisy - I cannot believe this combo. With no signal passing it's so quiet I thought it was dead - astonishing.
Not the place to post my thoughts on Pax Vs. Pass so I'll pass on that.
Question to save me trailing the thread- anyone tried a Mullard GZ 37 in the Syrah psu?
Very happy with my current GZ 34 but have bought an older custom Supratek (sort of cross between a Syrah/Cortese)and want to put cheaper tubes in the Syrah before moving it on.
Thanks Simon
Hi Simon. The Mullard GZ-37 works well in the Syrah and should sound better than the stock sovtek.
Hi Ecclectique,
thanks for that, I'm using a Mazda branded Mullard Gz 34(probably paid too much for it) but I have the chance of some Gz 37s at sensible prices hence my question.
Using a pair of grey glass coke bottle type sylvania 6L6GAs - never seen these mentioned - they are lovely tubes, way better than my TungSol 5881s
Cheers Simon
Hi Simon. Your Mazda labelled Mullard gz34 would be the one to keep as it not only sounds better but will last for many years to come. In my experience.... the gz37 will need to test near 100% and be tightly matched on both sides to get the best performance from it....It is only marginal if not. Yup...the sylvania 6L6ga black glass is a very good sounding tube and much sought after by the guitar amp crowd. I think most of old stock 6L6 tubes sound considerably better than the tungsol 5881 however few are as robust.