integrated help please

peachtree grand itegerated any thoughts looking for a great integrated under 6000 with dac
pawk4045
Depends on the system you're using.

The Ayre mentioned above and the Bel Canto are both good choices for a more traditional 'phile set-up.

However, the Harman Kardon HK 990 offers not only an internal DAC, but also room correction and a digital domain x-over for one or two subwoofers. It also features a robust 150wpc power amp section - based on the original Matti Otala Citation design. BTW, Electrocompaniet Ampliwire amps are also based on Otala principles.

If your source material is strictly digital (Tho the HK 990 does include a phono amp, it's clearly optimized for digital sources) and you use subwoofers, this thing offers some really unique functionality.

Anywhere between $1500 to $2000 new.
I'd go with an integrated and outboard DAC, but that's just me. Good amplification typically outlasts sources (except turntables IMO).

If I needed an integrated with built in DAC, I'd look at the Bryston B100 and Naim SuperNait. I think the new SuperUniti (or something like that) also has a DAC in it. However, those are my presentation preferences. No idea what sonic presentation tickles your fancy. While the Peachtree stuff sounds pleasant, I've never had any desire to live with it. I haven't heard their new high end stuff though.
In your budget I would be curious to try the Core Audio Technology level 2 all in one machine. It will have everything you need except speakers, supposedly makes cable choices and power conditioning irrelevant (I'm skeptical here) and goes for around $4k with a 30 day guarantee.

I'm waiting for a local buddy to get one so I can demo without popping down the cash. It seems to have a lotf promise.
I agree with Jkj25 above that you should separate the amplifier from the DAC. Yes, I know it means two boxes (and maybe more money) but it gives you maximum flexibility to select the best amp and the best DAC for your system. It also enables you to upgrade one piece and not the other, if needed.