Pass xa 100.5 vs Musical Fidelity AMS100

Has anyone heard these side by side?
I see so much amazing press for the pass XA 100.5 but hard to find a word on the AMS100...
keilschmeil
I wish I could. I'm up north, in the NYC area.
If I'm ever near Austin I'd love to give them a listen.
Thanks for the offer.
I have this system in mind... EAR 868, Pass xa 60/100.5 or AMS100, Marten Django with a Spiral groove SG 1 and wavelength usb DAC.

Sort of see it as the "prize" I'm working toward
Wow, that would be a very nice system! If I'm ever up your way I might be knocking on your door! lol. Seriously though; the offer still stands, if you're ever down this way let me know and you're welcome to stop by for a listen. I've been through and listened to quite a few amps and I am just smitten with the Pass XA line, you will not be disappointed. Good luck in your search, that's half the fun of it!
I owned the best MF, but MF misses an important part in highend audio........depth. I also owned the 100.5. It has much more depth comparred to MF.
An interesting thread. I own a Shindo Aurieges/Pass XA30.5 combo. FWIW, I compared the EAR 868 to my Aurieges, and in my system, to my ear, I much preferred the Shindo. More life, more musically involving. Re power amps - another option to consider is Luxman. Check out the thread on the Luxman M600A on this site.
Keilschmeil, you can hear Pass gear at Audio Connection in NJ. I bought my Vandersteens from John. Highly recommended. http://www.audioconnect.com/