Pre-amp suggestions for Thiel 2.4/Pass Labs XA30.5

Looking to get a pre-amp to mate with my Thiel 2.4s and the Pass Labs XA-30.5. I've got about at $2500 limit and need a phono section (or need to to pick up a MM phono stage in addition... but still stay under the $2500 limit). I'm currently using a Classe CAP-151's pre-amp section, but it seems that it's getting outclassed a bit by the new additions. Any suggestions? I'm open to both tube and SS options.
128x128cal3713
For educational purposes, is there a reason that low output impedance is "good" besides the fact that that's what the Pass requires for system matching?

And I do like the features of the Sonic Frontiers Line 3 that I was reading about...
FWIW, some years ago David A. Wilson writing in the Absolute Sound, suggested that a low output impedance DC coupled pre into a low input impedance DC coupled input impedance amp could offer the best Xc factor.
I totally agree with Unsound
I have the Thiel 2.4's and they need lotsa amperes to start to sing .. in fact I dive them with two Parasound JC1's
Forget the ridiculous power of the Pass Labs XA-30.5 .. kinda splendid amp for Harbeth C7ES or Super HL5 but totally useless on the Thiel 2.4.
Have you looked at the Thor ta2000 listed right now? I think he has it at around 2900 but you may be able to get it at close to your budget. I just bought the ta1000 and it is great. Great new owners of Thor to take care of any maintenance or upgrades you may be interested in.
Modwright LS 100 with built-in phono stage would be a possibility. It is a true value, as are all of Dan Wright's designs.