Mcintosh MA6900 or MA7000

Outside of the 50WPC and LED lighting, is there any real sonic difference between these two Integrateds?
jcamkll1
I have had both the MA7000 is much better but if you plan on keeping your present speakers the MA6900 will be find.
I will eventually upgrade the speakers to more closely be on par with the electronics. Budget constraints prevent an all-at-once purchase. If I take small bites, I will get there. If I don't bite at all, I never will. I am just trying to prevent a significant "regret" by making a poor choice along the way.
I had the 6900 for 2 years and it is a wonderful sounding unit. I started with Monitor Audio RS6 and they sounded fantastic, then went to the Synchrony Ones and it sounded even better. The 6900 strained a little at the loudest levels ( I'm talking 3/4 on the volume control--big watts) but was magnificent at normal listening levels. I had the LED kit installed (got it from Audioclassics) to avoid bulb issues. If you like to hammer music at times, you might want to go bigger. If not, the MA is musically sublime.
I now have the GX-300 Monitor Audio speakers. I am now leaning towards the MA7000... but now would need a decent DAC for my Sonos. Any input? The MA6900 is 11 years old...I prefer new, in this case.