Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I have received emails from an individual who has heard both the Exemplar and the H-Cat and he said he had never heard such garbage. I have no dog in this fight, but I trust and respect the opinion of the source.

TBG (Norm) are you still a dealer for Exemplar? (I know you were listed as a dealer on their website at one time). I am sure very few are aware of that fact! As I recall, an AA board member warned you to register as a dealer and to stop saleshacking for Exemplar on the Asylum.

And do you have any financial or personal arrangement with Roger (H-Cat)?

Several "good ears" who have heard both the Exemplar and H-Cat have had wildly varying experiences (bad) as compared to yours. As I said in an earlier post, maybe some people may prefer another preamp over the Supratek, but I don't ever remember anyone saying a Supratek sounded, weird, strange, unnatural, etc. as some have described the H-Cat. But then again, I suspect they have no "incentive" to report anything other than the facts.
Hi,has anyone heard anything new about the DAC? I'd rather not bother Mick,just curious.
Kirby
last i heard it was supposed to be non-oversampling, non-digital filter and retail for about $500-$700. that's about all i've heard from mick.
Zachzdb, I wrote to Mick last week to ask about his DAC. He said this baby would be ready for shipping later this year. I did not ask how much but someone in this thread mentioned ~USD500. Anyway, below is the extracted from Mick's email:

"We've got a good DAC, but it doesn't sound like SACD- it sounds like vinyl!"

kenji
Is it safe to assume that it (DAC) will have a tube output stage? I wonder if the powersupply will be tubed also. I would like a SS DAC, maybe with no opamps on the output stage.