Yamaha A-S 1000 & 2000 --- How Good?

These have been well reviewed, but have not seen much from owners. Has some one had a chance to listen to the Yamaha versus gear from Accuphase, Luxman, McIntosh (or smaller integrateds from LFD, Lavardin, etc.) and other top flight integrated SS contenders. I expect it would be a very solid value, especially at street prices for the Yamaha gear, but how does it fair against some if top gear out there? Love the look as an added bonus (yup, in my early 50s). Some say with their R&D prowess that can make a great piece of gear if they set their mind to it - did they do it? (As an additional bit of info - should it matter - my speakers only need 30-40 watts or so, and are very easy loads for amps - tube friendly).
pubul57
Mapman - You are confusing brave with stupid.

In any case, I was being sarcastic because I realize now that anyone who has a use for this amp should buy it without hesitation. Whether or not it surpasses other options in performance, it romps all over anything in the area of value. Check it out here on Audiogon.
A friend of mine based on what he heard on my system - tried to buy an AS2000 integrated here from the dealer advertising on A'gon - he was told they were out of silver ones until dec 20th - might as well say 2012 at that rate AND the silver finish goes for a lot more money. This integrated is a winner even at full retail - what a breath of fresh air Yamaha brings to this snobbish high-end feature-sripped integrated market. This amp is packed with technology and features - it is a FUN amp that brings me back to the fun days of hi-fi.

Just a note, the silver finish is the one to get - totally jewel-like with the light wood sides (much better than photos) instead of the more mundane ARR-like black finish.

It is THE machine to get under 3K.
I'm currently using a Yamaha ax-596 integrated with my Paradigm Sig S2s. Will I realize an improvement with an a-s2000? I listen to blues, classic rock and classical (mostly symphony). Usually at moderate volume.
While never having seen or heard of your amp, I will say that the A-S2000 is likely to outperform your current Yamaha by a wide margin.

The risk of disappointment in this case is minute.
I don't know. Similar power and current. I don't think you would be dissapointed in the quality of the AS-2000, but I would be suprised if it were an "wide margin" difference where you would easily know the difference in an A/B listening session at the same volumes. Only one to find out.

Danoroo, what are you looking for from a change in amplifier?