Yamaha A-S 1000 & 2000 --- How Good?

These have been well reviewed, but have not seen much from owners. Has some one had a chance to listen to the Yamaha versus gear from Accuphase, Luxman, McIntosh (or smaller integrateds from LFD, Lavardin, etc.) and other top flight integrated SS contenders. I expect it would be a very solid value, especially at street prices for the Yamaha gear, but how does it fair against some if top gear out there? Love the look as an added bonus (yup, in my early 50s). Some say with their R&D prowess that can make a great piece of gear if they set their mind to it - did they do it? (As an additional bit of info - should it matter - my speakers only need 30-40 watts or so, and are very easy loads for amps - tube friendly).
pubul57

Showing 3 responses by danoroo

I'm currently using a Yamaha ax-596 integrated with my Paradigm Sig S2s. Will I realize an improvement with an a-s2000? I listen to blues, classic rock and classical (mostly symphony). Usually at moderate volume.
I think what I'm looking for is a more open, airy, three dimensional sound, primarily in the mid range. Maybe slightly more forward. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Maybe it's new speakers that I need.
How do the A-S1000 and A-S2000 differ? The power output for these two amps is the same.