Power cord for CJ MF2500A

I have a Conrad Johnson MF2500A amp and it sounds really good. My only problem is the power cord is about six feet and it won't reach my wall outlet so I have to plug it into a power strip. Has anyone ever had an IEC bracket installed to allow for an after market power cord? If so, was there any improvement in sound? I'm more concerned with the ability to plug directly into the wall outlet than I am about using a different power cord. The supplied power cord works quite well and I have read that Conrad Johnson spent time developing the right cord to go with this amp.
jimmymac
Install or have CJ install the IEC. CJ includes a very good power cord with their amps and I am surprised that you have the A version and do not have an IEC. They will also sell their power cord which is 8' long. ESP (Essential Sound Products) makes a very good power cord that works with CJ amps. On the less expensive side the Volex power cord (4614 or something like that (I can find the part #) for $8 are a wonderful surprise.
Yeah, I was surprised it didn't have an IEC. I have a nice DCCA cord that I would like to use. I'm going to try an an IEC adaptor and go from there. If I determine there is a noticeable improvement then I'll go ahead and have a permanent IEC installed. Thanks.
Conrad Johnson tells me they can't install an IEC because they don't have the "metal working equipment" to do it.
Post removed