Some of the best pre amps used for $600 or less

using a PS audio HCA-2 amp and Revel F 30 speakers
Thanks...
shoe
The McCormack TLC-1 regular or Deluxe are great preamps for under $600. For tube preamps I've read that a Bottlehead Foreplay is a great sounding one as well. You see them pop up every now and then here for under $600.
I remember driving 50 miles to meet a seller at a mall to buy a Dared SL-2000A. I think I paid $300.00 and it came with extra tubes for tube rolling. When I got it home and hooked it up, I wasn't expecting alot. But boy was I surprised by its sonics. Huge and tall soundstage from such a small preamp. Big surprises do sometimes come in small packages & I agree with David99's conclusions. One can say this is an excellent performer at its price point but it's much more than that and could easily be compared to alot more expensive preamps, you may find yourself smiling all the way to the bank.

Another Chinese tube preamp that offers alot of value and packs a mean but excellent sonic punch is the new Norh ACA-2B. Sells for $299.00 plus shipping. Shipping however is about $175.00. You can't go wrong with either preamp.