Magtech Amplifier

Dear All,
Can you please give me your opinion on the Magtech Stereo amp from Sanders Sound System? This amp can output 500w/ channel. I'm also interested in his Magtech mono blocks. However, the power output 1600W is a bit scarry for my Kef205/2
Thanks
Primare_cd31
primare_cd31
Oh good I found this thread!! :-)
I've been eyeing this amp (both stereo & mono versions) for my 1-Ohm Apogee Scintilla. Does any of you know whether this amp will be able to drive a 1-Ohm load? The info on the website states that:
The regulator in the Magtech amplifier maintains a stable voltage regardless of load or reasonable changes in the line voltage feeding the amplifier.
Unlike other amplifiers, the distortion in the Magtech amplifier is virtually unchanged regardless of power level. The bias is stable regardless of load.

So, does this mean that the Magtech amp is stable driving a 1-Ohm impedance?? Thanks for your inputs.
I'm sure it does as my stats go down to 3/4 of an ohm or so. call roger! he is awesome. (AWESOME!) and 30 day in home trial (NO ONE has ever returned them!).

Disclaimer-I LOVE my AMPS!
"So, does this mean that the Magtech amp is stable driving a 1-Ohm impedance??

Yes! My Martin Logan CLSIIAs drop to about .8ohms and the Sanders amp never even broke a sweat driving them. They also drive my Magnepan MG3.6s without any strain either.

I agree with Cerrot, Roger and Angela are wonderful people to deal with. Some of the best in the industry.
Driving a 1 ohm load at 20 khz is different than driving a 1 ohm load at 30 hz. Stats have a very high impedance until you get to the high frequencies. Then the impedance drops like a rock.

I expect the Sanders amps would do well with the Scintilla's but I would want to hear them first. Pretty sure they have a 30 day trial. You could also just call Roger Sanders and ask him directly.
I'm using a Magtech amp to drive, currently, a collection of stand mounts with benign loads. Not the usual assignment for this amp, but it's great nonetheless.