Behold- Digital crossover

Is this a type of room correction? How does it work? Pros and cons? Can it be used with an analog (vinyl) source?
psag

Actually effective room correction can be very small and attractive, the Acoustic System Resonators, work really well and they are the size of a thimble.

Shakti Hallograms also work really well.

My room uses a combination of these products with some echo busters, I have used Tact and other devices and I got way more improvement with the passive devices.
I have a number of room treatments in place, but I think the benefits have been limited. The idea of controlling the speaker's output seems like the future. Recently I noticed a high end 3-way speaker with 3 pairs of binding posts.
I use both DRC and passive treatments, as well as subwoofers placed to minimze 1/4 wave effects. Lose the DRC and there is NO WAY to optimize FR below 100hz - at least in this room.

Marty

I do agree that clean well defined bass does benefit from some kind or room correction, however, you have to weigh the cost benefits of active room correction vs its benefits.

In many instances if you change the loudspeakers positioning and or listening seat position you can get many speakers bass to work wonderfully.