MBL 9008A / 9011

My system:
MBL 101 MK2
MBL 6010D
MBL 2x9008A
MBL 1521A/1511F

First of all I love my MBL sound but I know it could be better ! I would like to know if anyone have tried one MBL9011 and liked it more than two MBL9008A as mbl recommend ? I am also considering MBL 1611F with PC or an Weiss 202 Firewire dac with PC. Any one of you out there with experiance and recomandations ?
Thanks
arnt_m
Wow- you have some great equipment. I hope to own the 9008/6010 shortly. Congratualations.

I have heard this set-up several times times at my dealer, and have been totally in awe and completely blown away. This is a serious set up.

Given the quality of your rig, I am very surpirsed that you feel it could be better. Perhaps its something other then your gear, like your room, power conditioning, cables or speaker positioning?
Hi Arnt m, congrats on your pces, there is allot of info. in relation to MBL101e's already in the system so just do some searches both in the amps and speaker sections. For a starter you could just refer to my answers and questions and you will find allot and then others within the thread you could do the same to get even more..... or type in to buy MBL and scrow down to forum discussions and there you go lots and lots of info.

My personal preference is not an all MBL set-up, I still own my MBL's which I'm really enjoying along with the 1621a transport, I owned the 6010 pre and had the 9008's and 9011's in my set-up along with the matching dac but they did not stay.

It all comes down to a personal preference but I know of many who have mirrored my thoughts, allot going with a varity of amps/pre combo's.

Best of luck and enjoy your journey, mine is still on going. That 1621a I own is collecting dust since I added vinyl to my set-up, need to find a good home for it, someone who will appreciate it. Huge upgrade right there from your 1521a just so you are aware, Teajay another member had the same pce as you and just recently did this, you can refer to his thoughts, he knew there would be changes but not to the full extent that he has now exsperienced.
If you enjoy the general sonic presentation of the 9008, I would guess that the 9011 would be more of a good thing although depending on your typical listening volume, you may not hear a difference. Although I also own 101E (not Mk II) and auditioned them with the 6010D/9008Ax2 combination, I chose not to go with MBL amplification. As Dev mentions, there are other alternatives. Perhaps a greater improvement will be found by going with the 16xx series digital, which is likely an improvement over the 15xx series.