Herron VTSP-3A

Hey guys, I just got this preamp in my system and have only used it for 5 hours. However, I don't have to wait for burn in or more evaluation time to tell this compenent is absolutley outstanding. The VTSP-3A is the new version and it has over 50 changes from the VTSP-3. I got my system sounding really good before the arrival of the Herron, but the Herron has really brought my system to life. Heck, the VTSP-3A has had the most postive impact on about every aspect of sound in my system than any other electonic compenent I have ever bought. I feel like the Herron is letting me hear the potential of everything else in my system. I thought I would make this post since I'm not sure if a lot of people know about Herron. If someone is in the market for a top of the line preamp, they may want to at least consider this one. For the record, I have no affliation with the company, I'm just a VERY happy owner.
128x128kclone
Great to hear all the positive responses about Herron gear. Keith Herron is a first rate gentleman who makes some of the best high end gear out there. I haven't used his VTSP preamps but I owned a VTPH-1mc+ and just upgraded to the VTPH-2 phono preamp. It is so quiet (especially given it has tubes), and so musical, and it draws the energy and organic presence out of the vinyl in a way other phono preamps fail to. Just like Basis Audio (and founder/CEO A.J. Conti), we are fortunate to have US based audio companies like Herron where the owners/founders spend their time bringing absolutely superbly engineered/built products to market, versus spending their time hyping or marketing sub-par components like many other audio brands do.
I would like to input to this thread again as I have finally got my new 3A last week. I did not like the 3 but 3A is totally different! -- “Very Musical”--. The VTSP-2 is more neutral but a little lean, yet cleaner from top to bottom. 3A has more body and its bass goes much deeper. It is also more vivid in texture and tones. I think it sounds more like a tube-amp now than before. My friend got the earliest version of 3A and there seems to be some changes inside!! We believed this latest batches sounds a tinny bit warmer but even more musical than those before!
I would like to ask if anyone has background noise with the amps, with ‘ssssss’ noises when there is no music! I heard it very quiet in my friend’s place but I have background noise in my setup! I hope someone and give me some advice.
I have not heard the fuzz in my system, but I haven't put the ear up close either. It also could be the amp?
No, I heard it from my seat! Spoken to Keith and he did say it has to do with gains matching with power amps. Anything below 24db is good. I tried low gain and it's quiet but that mod does not sound as lively as in High gain. My friend told me to unearth all grounds and use dedicated power line. I will be going that path to be my next goal.