dynaco st 70 what tubes to replace first

Ive just bought a rebuilt st 70 and am very happy with imaging and sound quality Ive checked the tubes that are with it and they are run of the mill. WANT TO UPGRADE !!

Suggestions please on what order to replace first and if you can; recomendations, Im looking for a creamy thick sound.

Im an old guy and this is my first tube amp and limited knowledge but a fast learner and very excited to go back to non-ordinary reality via sound.
Larry
lawrenceaudio
Dav65mus, you've more or less ended up in the same place I have with my ST70.

The one difference being I prefer the JJ E34L to their KT77. You give up a bit of low frequency performance, which isn't the strong suit of the ST70 anyway, but the midrange and treble open up a noticeable (in a glorious, but not harsh way)amount more.

For the record, I have a bunch of highly regarded amplifiers, and while the ST70 doesn't outclass them in terms of power or low end, not one of them can match its overall tone. To me, that's why it's the amp I enjoy the most. For all of the shortcomings people love to chirp about, I shake my head at how far things have not come since the mid - 1950s.
1959, actually. One of the most important components in the building of a good sounding tube amp is the output transformer(if you're going to use one). The originals in the ST-70 were pretty darn good. With upgraded RCAs/speaker terminals/PC/chassis wire, more capacitance in the power supply, better coupling caps and resistors; the old jewels can really sing, even with the original driver board. That's not to mention the fun the modding provides.