Aestheix Calypso owners,tube advise needed

Just bought a 1 year old Calypso and need some suggestions.
I am biamping with Pass Lab Aleph 3s into Audio Physic Virgo IIs. I listen to Jazz, Rock and Blues. I have some nos Sylvania 6DJ8 with large yellow lettering with no other info and in the 12AX7 slots????.
gandme
I'm glad you ordered tubes, that is what you need to do, start somewhere. You never explained what you wanted from the stock sound, and what you were hoping to gain. As stated above the Mullard CV 4004 is an excellent choice, but I am on the opposite view, I prefere the lusher Mullard 10M gold pin (or any Mullard 12AX7 gold pin tube from the '60's. I used the 10M myself.

In the 6922 I went through many tubes, and eventually found a quit non microphonic pair of '50's Amperex pinched waist that are perfect matches with the 10M. The issue is in today's market that is $1000 plus dollars for four tubes, if you can find quit ones. There is some real question if $1000 in tubes in a $4500 component is even logical, but in my mind it made the Calypso a remarkable unit.

BTW, I kept mine in the high gain and it was dead quit. Also last year I upgraded to the Callisto, many more tube variables to deal with.

jd
Jd - I talked for some time with Brent Jesse and took his recommendations on my tube selection. I told him my taste and what my system consisted of and what tubes were recommended by Audiogon members in this thread. I bought a matched pair of nos Telefekunken 12ax7s smooth plate, 60s vintage. A matched pair of nos Amperex 6DJ8s Bugleboys 60s vintage. I was looking for a transparent, detailed, natural sound without any coloration. Basiclly I want the same thing my Pass Labs X-0.2 preamp gave me but at a lower price point. My used Calypso came with 2 sets of 12ax7s (seller had a bad packing day)so I ended up going to a small electronics shop in Marin (north of San Francisco)and buying a pair of nos Sylvania 6DJ8s so I could get up and running. I am not disappointed with the sound I have now...but it is not up to the standard I was use too.
Why don't you look into the new Blackburn 12AX7's,. I found this write up and some responses posted in the other audio forum where the tube inmates hang out.

http://www.techtubevalves.com/valves/e813cc.php

I am interested as well since I have an Aesthetix IO Signature and would be willing to try the new Blackburns as well.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
I agree with Jadem6 as I use Mullard 12AX7 and Amperex 6922 in my Calypso. The tubes I found were dead quiet with the Calypso set in High Gain. I only mentioned the low gain setting as it opens up the doors to using so many other tubes. I am looking for a tube sound, otherwise I would have stayed with Solid State as it is less expensive in the long run.
AQ4life- Thanks for the Blackburn tube info...euro prices? about $60usd?.

Mds- I decided to start my tube setup with a neutral
sound...a place to start. The Telefunken/Amperex combo was recommended by some in this thread as did Brent Jesse. I replaced my S.S. pre not because I was searching for a better one, I needed the money. I sold my mono blocks, preamp, best CD players, very good wire and my Car! I replaced all with good "less expensive" equipment. I have come up with a better than expected system. I was not looking for a "tube sound", I was looking for the best sound for my taste that I could afford. I realise every piece adds it's own sonic signature to the music. I rely on my ears to decide if it sounds natural...nothing added...nothing taken away. I'm sure I will try different tube combinations in the future..that's what you guys are for...telling me what I am missing and what will sound better in my system. I do appreciate all the input!