mundorf supreme caps vs m caps

hi, 'i am wondering if anyone out there has done side by side listening tests of these two caps , and what are the differences between them ? I am talking about coupling caps on an amplifire. thanks, chrissain
chrissain
another question, is there a cap that is the same price, or cheaper that sounds better ? thanks, chris
Chrissain,
If you tell us which amp you want to upgrade the input caps, etc. you might get more responses, especially from those who have the same amp make and/or model.
thanks sherod. my amps are rogue audio m150s. I done basically what rogue has done with there m180 upgrade. the m150s came with mcap 2.7 caps. rogue put in polysytrenes bypassed with .27 mundorf supremes. did not like it , so I took them out and replaced with 2.2 mundorf supreme. what ever i have done there is less body and color in the mids, they seem darker now. less forgiving. maybe its the caps, maybe its some other part of the upgrade ? thanks for any sugestions, chris
Chrissain, why did you use 2.2 uF when upgrading your caps? The original value was 2.7. This is likely the source of your problem. I suggest adding .5 uF in parallel with the 2.2 or completely replacing with 2.7.
I'm thinking that the new Mundorfs need a few hundred hours of break-in before you give a final assessment. How's the Rouge sounding lately, Chrissain?