Cary SLI-80 integrated or AES Sixpacs?

I'm looking for a new tube amp for a system built around Harbeth Monitor 30's. Contrary to myths that Harbeths mate well with SS only, I've found that my office integrated, a Primaluna Dialogue II, sounds better (specially with Genalex reissue KT77s) than several SS integrateds I've heard paired with the Monitor 30s. I could live with the pairing, but I would then need to get another office amp. Given that the Monitor 30s could use more juice than the PL Dialogue has to offer, I have been looking around for a more powerful tube amp under 3K (new or used) that fits other constraints (which I'll spare you). Although I'm open to other suggestions, I was thinking that either the Cary SLI-80 integrated or the AES Sixpacs (with an AES preamp) might do the trick. I could carry the Harbeth to a Cary dealer to audition the SLI-80, but I can't audition the AES. I was hoping that someone who has experience with both amps could speak to their relative merits.

My main source is apple-lossless files streamed through a Wavelength Brick DAC (mostly jazz and acoustic stuff). Room size is moderately large by NYC standards (20'x25', 12' ceilings), but the set up is close to 'near-field', 7' away from the speakers.
bmcelree
If you're considering purchasing new, give Kevin Deal a call at Upscale Audio. Kevin can also with tube selection to bring out the best of either the Cary or the AES. I purchased my Six Pacs from Kevin, and if I was in the market for another set, would call up Kevin again.
Make sure to audition the CAD 120S. I have a new one w an SLP98P preamp and it sounds fantastic. I traded a V12R for it. The amp also runs much cooler, and has plenty of power, even in triode mode. Good luck.
You might try talking to Kevin Hayes @ VAC for his recommendation, although most of his newer products do not have a triode mode. I talked with Kevin several times before I purchased the used VAC PA90's to get his recommendations. To get 100 watts in Triode you would have to look at older VTL, Manley or BAT Mono Blocks and these might be out of your price range. Another option would be the Cary CAD 280SAV12 in mono block for 100 watts triode & 200 watts ultralinear. By the way the Harbeth should be much easier to drive with tube amps than Thiels.

Doug
I second the Cary CAD-120s or if you need to speand less, and can use less power, get the Super Amp MkII which is cut from the same cloth as the 120s. If you can spend in between the two amps have the MkII upgraded with oil caps and soft feet. The six pacs are an older design.
Thanks Polk432 and Mjcmt for the 120s recommendation. I'm thinking that that might be the best direction to take, particularly given the availability of used 120s here.