How do you break in a preamp

I just bought a new Pass Labs preamp and I was wondering what was the best way to break it in?

Stan
stanwine
Like Doak said, just use it, it will happen soon enough. The transformation process should be one that is appreciated, like a scenic drive through the country. I just love it when a component gradually transforms from a frog to a prince.
Take the top plate off, most likley just some phillips head screws need to be removed.

What are you going to do once you are in there? :)
Fire it up and let play!! That's the only sure fire way to break-in any component. After 100-150 hrs. it should be sufficiently broke-in.
Yep, follow unit instructions: Power on, play. I personally don't like sitting through the break-in process because it's harder to perceive the differences over time. I prefer to listen at the beginning and take note of initial reactions, let it play for a decent period of time, then listen again for changes.
You can accomplish the burn-in process either way. I'm too impatient, and don't like to sit through the transformations that take place, to listen for 200 hrs while components burn. I just sample for a while every day. Whatever your signal source, your power amp needn't be turned on to burn-in a pre. To save the hours on my CDP(and it's tubes) I use a tuner, either between stations(white noise kinda), or on a "rap"(yuch!) station for the heavy bass content.