binding post break in

yesterday I replaced my binding posts on my rogue audio m150 monos with the highly regarded wbt nextgen copper binding posts and yes there was more detail,but it was also thin and not as harmonic and rich, and not as open sounding as before. I have been listening to the wonderfull sounding kenny burrell guitar forms latey and have really liked how it sounded on my system,but after I put in the wbts his guitar sounded strummy and hooded , the higher strings sounded thinner and the middle and lower strings sounded sucked out . well crap. is this another case of [ it needs 256 and a half hours of break in and then it will sound great!] or what? has anybody out there had any experience with these binding posts ? I am very good at soldering so i dont think that a bad joint is the reason I am hearing what I do, any ideas ? is there a richer sounding binding post with some body and still very good low level detail ? or will they really change that much with some break in ? thanks , chris
chrissain
When you did the work, were the tubes in place, or did you first remove them? Actually, in either case perhaps the jostling affected them in some way, especially if they have seen a lot of use.

Also, are you sure your cable terminations are clean?

Beyond that, I second the comments from Shadorne and Rlwainwright.

Regards,
-- Al
I agree with Rlwainwright completely, with the idea that binding posts need a break in period. This amounts to nothing more then hearing John Stossel doing a show about junk science, then pointing out the ridiculous and unwarranted non evidence that only exist in our minds and unfounded in any papers with real science involved.
no it is not a joke, neither is spending 55 dollars a piece for a better sounding binding post and not getting one. shandorne, I did wire them in the correct polarity, so that is not the issue. rlwainwright, have you never heard a difference in sound between a new product, what ever it might be, and the same product with some time on it? if not, you must be joking right !!