LINN KLOUT QUESTION

I bought a complete audio system which included a pair of Linn Klout Amp's at an estate sale.
One of them has a small placard next to the speaker connections stating "AKTIV BASS AMPLIFIER". Any idea what this is or means?
Going to sell the system, wifes idea, & figured I needed to learn as much as possible about it.
giglr
Sounds like the amp has an aktiv card installed. Aktiv cards are active crossovers - which are designed for specific linn speakers.

Klout is a great amp.
At one time, Linn was really into active speaker systems (that is, crossover after a preamp, and individual power amps connected directly to the speaker drivers). They always used the word "Aktiv" (Linn has a creative way of spelling product names.) At one time, the crossover was a seperate box (named something like "Kaber Aktiv" for the Kaber speakers, etc). Later, I think they allowed the crossover boards to be installed inside an amp. In any case, I'm guessing that the Klouts you have were part of an active system, and they drove the bass drivers of the speakers. If they crossover boards installed inside of them, they'd have to be modified to be used with normal speakers. But a complete active system might be worth selling alone, for all I know.

Were there speakers included in package buy?

As for the Klout alone, it was once the top of the line back in the early nineties. I can't remember how much it cost, but it wasn't cheap. They were also unusual in that they did not have a power switch on front. There was something on the back, as I recall, but they were intended to be used with a Kairn preamp, which could send a "trigger" signal of some sort to turn the Klout on and off.
Yeah, there's speakers, B&W Nautilus 802's. Amazing speakers.
You're correct,it also came with the Kairn Pre-Amp, but to power the system it came with a "Platinum Power 1 Line Processor" really a nice piece if you've never seen one. I just turn it on & everything fires up.
Gonna try and sell it as a complete package first. It has the LP12 turntable, Ekos tonearm, Arkiv cartridge, Lingo pwr supply with the Linto phono stage pre-amp, wish I had more albums. Ikemi CD player & a Nakamichi DR-1 cassette. Also has Audioquest interconnects & the thickest speaker wire I've ever seen.