Bel Canto Pre3 vs Musical Fidelity A308CR

I am purchasing (have not received) two bel canto e. ref1000 amps and need a new pre-amp. A thinking of either of the two above (bel canto pre3 or MF A308 CR). Any suggestions? This system is going to be used for music only. Thanks. Ben
vetin02
I have Ref1000's and have a Pre3 arriving on Tuesday. I'll let you know how they sound but don't have a Musical Fidelity to A-B-A with.
I did end up staying with bel canto and purchased a new Pre3. Although I have only had it set up for a short time, I am very pleased with the results. Thanks for the input. - Ben
Well, I have had a chance to do some listinging to the combo and have upgraded cables to balanced AZ Ref. Silver. Sound is good but again, this is the only two channel pre I have used in this system.
I own the MF A 308CR and am very happy with it. Robert Harley said in his review not too long ago something like, it had the best dynamics he's ever heard in a pre-amp. I enjoy it a lot, and use it with the matching MR A 308 CR amplifier. I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Maggie 20.1 speakers, but maybe my 19 x 16 room is too small - nice to have options.

What kind of speakers are you driving?
Question for Stearnsn and Vetin02, I noticed that you went for a Pre 3, why didn't you go with the Dac3?