A mistake spending too much on amplification?

I was wondering if I screwed up by spending too much money on amplification? I have been upgrading my amp/preamp for awhile now (I started with a CODA Unison, then upgraded to a McCormack DNA-125 and EE Minimax, then to a Herron pre, and now mating that with Sixpacs). And, although there are subtle improvements, I am not hearing any night/day improvements, even when I go back to the CODA. And the CODA is much cheaper!

Does this mean I outpaced my speakers? Kind of like putting a supercharged turbo engine in a car with bald tires? Speakers are VS VR2's and Soliloquy 6.3's. Anyone have a good estimation on amplification costs relative to speaker costs? Sell the better amplification; use the money to buy better speakers?
chiho
Chiho,
As Newbee suggested, you might want to say more about what exactly it is that you're after. Between your other thread and this one, there appear to be two conversations running toward the theoretical realm without any specified goal to guide them. Just a thought.
Post removed 
frankly I would make sure you have the best wire before proceeding, you can gain quite a bit with quality cables that match your components....

if you have not done this already of course.......

:^)
Everyone has their own opinion. I've found mine to be that speakers matter most. Nothing will change the sound of your system like speakers.

Are you tired of your speakers and ready for new ones?
Speakers will change the sound of your system, but speakers that have "outpaced" your electronics are, IMO, a poor investment. OTOH, good electronics can make average speakers sound better. Just my $0.02.