Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
Rgd,

>> Curious - did you reverse your speaker leads???

As I understand it, I don't have to. According to Spectron, the remote sense cables take care of that.

Of course, I'm going to try it to see if there's any difference.

Rob
Welcome, Rhanson to the TP-2.0 preamp club. I just received a detailed explanation regarding the phase from Victor. I asked him if I could post the explanation on this thread and am awaiting his reply. I just reversed my speaker leads and the sound became out of phase, so the standard hook-up is in phase for my system. It might be different for others. Victor's explanation talks about this issue. Don't worry, because I just did a detailed search on the threads discussing phase and there is a lot of information. I'll find the thread that helped me a lot in understanding this phenomena. If you read the posts, you'll see that a lot of studios record the songs out of phase.
Here's one thread that gives some info. Do a search under "phase inversion" or "phase". Other words to look at are "inverse polarity", "polarity" and "reverse polarity"

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1143621906&read&keyw&zzphase=inversion
Not sure why one system does not require cable switching and another does. The preamp does invert phase and my system is out of phase unless I reverse polarity on the speakers. I just confirmed this on my test CD.

Unless another piece of gear inverts phase in the same system one must reverse polarity - right?

Bill