McIntosh vs. Krell amp for Home Theater

I am looking at a McIntosh MC207 and a Krell Showcase Amplifier 7. I have MartinLogan Ascent i front speakers and a MartinLogan Cinema i center. I plan to purchase MartinLogan Script i for rear speakers. I am using a B&K Ref 50 preamp. I listen to music and watch movies almost equally. Does anyone have any exprience with these amps.
alanlyon
hi alan,you can find out about the mc7106 in this link.

{http://www.roger-russell.com/aboutmc.htm}
alan,i was short on time when i posted the link above but i have some time now so i'll expand.

the link i posted above will tell you the specs of the mc7106 but it wont tell you how it performs,the mc7106 isnt the typical mcintosh home theater amp.

i dont really care for the new line of mac ht amps as i think they sound weak & lack dynamics,as aball said above the mc207 may very well be more transparent than the mc206 but im not sure that a transparent sounding amp is what you need to fill the needs of home theater & 2 channel too.

i would think that for home theater an amp with balls would do a better job as you will need all the dynamics you can get,ive tried 28 different mcintosh amps & the mc7106 reminds me of a mc7270 in the way it sounds,extremly dynamic with lots of grunt & pretty good on the detail too,you can have all the detail in the world but if your amp lacks dynamics your all done in ht & ive found that the new line of mac ht amps lack the ability to dig deep when needed.

there are 3 amps within the mcintosh line that are IMO real sleepers,the mc7104 & mc7106 & the mc7200,from all the mcintosh amps ive tried i think that mcintosh has taken giant leaps foward with their 2 channel amps but i also think that they have taken giant steps backwards with their ht amps.

mike.
Mike,

Thank you for all the information. I ended up purchasing an MS402 and will use my existing amp to drive the center and rear speakers. Long term I plan to purchase three MS501 mono blocks to drive the fronts and center and use the 402 to drive the rears.

Thanks,
Alan
Hey Alan - Great choice in amps!! I couldn't have suggested any better. did you get your Mcs at Sound Systems in Charlotte NC? Great dealer - I really like those guys and they know their stuff.
That is where I got it. I sounds awesome and they are fantastic. They came out set it up a let me listen. They left it at my house even though they didn't have a way to charge me for it. I had to go in on Monday to complete the sale. They are coming back out to help me set up my speakers even thought I didn't buy the speakers from them. They are knowledgable and very customer centered. Thanks for all the info.

Alan

I found it intersting that my wife who is not in to audio said the second it was connected and she heard it she knew I was going to buy it because she could tell how much better it sounded. My existing amp is an Acurus 125 X 5. It is a good amp but doesn't compare.